A fun twist on classic holiday flavours...
1-1 lb pkg ginger snap cookies (approx 30 cookies)
¼ cup butter
- Crush cookies in food processor.
- Melt butter, mix into cookie crumbs
- Line 10 inch spring form with parchment, leave a 2 inch collar above the sides of the pan (you will need this height)
- Press gingersnap crumbs into bottom of pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. cool.
1 ½ kg cream cheese
2 cups sour cream
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp powdered ginger
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp cloves
Pinch of nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
- Whip cream cheese in mixer until smooth
- Add eggs, two at a time, and whip until combined
- Add sour cream, brown sugar, spices and vanilla. whip until well combined
- Pour filling into prepared pan. Bake at 325 F for 1 hour or until cheesecake is firm but still jiggly. cool to room temperature on the counter, then chill.
Dried Fruit Compote
2 cups mixed dried fruit (apricots, raisins, prunes, cranberries, cherries etc.)
1 cup sugar
½ cup water
Zest and juice from one orange
1 tbs grated or slivered fresh ginger
1 oz Grand Marnier or rum
- Bring water and sugar to a rapid boil.
- Add dried fruit, orange and ginger. Simmer until liquid is absorbed and fruit is soft.
- Add Grand Marnier or rum.